My pregnancy symptoms PART 1
I found out I was pregnant with our little bundle of unexpected joy end of June time after we got back from our holiday in Malta. I am now 11 weeks + 2 days pregnant and I have had a whirlwind of symptoms. Everyone's symptoms are different and how each symptom affects them is different.
1. Tiredness/Fatigue
I can not describe how sleepy and tired I was when I found out I was pregnant. At 5 weeks pregnant, I was sleeping at any possible moment, and I would sleep anywhere. I would nap for 30 mins to 1 hour, and it progressed as the weeks went on. As I hit 9-10 weeks of my pregnancy, my sleep became extremely long in terms of napping. I would nap between 2 and 4 hours, which is quite long. Even for me, it was extremely weird as I still would feel sleepy afterwards.
But when I went to my Anatental appointment my midwife said it was completely normal as your body is creating a human. So get extra amounts of sleep whenever it is offered, and make use of the gift of sleep while it lasts.
2. Nausea/morning sickness
Morning sickness is the most common symptom in pregnancy, and mine was only nausea not actually vomiting which I was so scared of. I found myself very grateful to have nausea but it was still hard to power through. Nausea on some days made me feel like I couldn't eat but I felt sick because I wasn't eating. It was a rollercoaster of disaster. However, at the end of 10 weeks, my nausea just disappeared which was odd but very relieving.
3. Food aversions
This was a weird symptom as it was a come-and-go thing for me. I would like one food then dislike it the next day and like it again, it was a weird cycle. I loved pickles which is a normal liking of snacks which pregnant women crave as they can be sour but sweet. Pickles all the way. One of my favourites is the green pickled chillies you get on a kebab, which I am addicted to and I could eat them all day if I could. Even before I was pregnant I would eat a jar of them when I was working in the czech republic, which was weird to some but deliscious to me.
Again, food aversions are different to every woman as some crave combinations which don't make sense but are delicious to them. Some also tend to eat more or eat less of bigger portions of food and go off different foods by the sense of smell or taste.
4. Vivid Dreams
Now I'm almost 12 weeks I am having the weirdest dreams when I sleep. Sometimes you don't remember the dreams but apparently, in pregnancy, you do actually remember the dreams. Vivid dreams can define what you desire, what you fear or what you are most concerned about. A lot of the time you can have dreams about having the baby you are carrying, and what life would be like. I had all of these dreams and honestly waking up to remember them was so strange, especially when I could remember them afterwards even days after.
5. Constant cuddly moods
I have been in such weird moods where I want constant love and affection. Not intercourse but nice warm cuddles on the sofa, watching a movie. I don't see much of my partner as he is at work the majority of the day, so when he comes home I am wanting all the attention, like; a 2-year-old. Before I was pregnant I was never wanting any attention as I didn't like all the attention on me. Meaning I don't like being the centre of attention and the fuss of it all. But recently, all I want is warm hugs or cuddles to make me feel safe and loved, which is crazy because again I am not the cringy type to want 24/7 attention. In other words, you can call this me being needy, and some women do get like this. This is because some women are facing the realisation that they are growing a human inside them, and can make someone feel alone in doing it. So sitting with your partner or family member or even a friend can help soothe those needs for comfort.
If you want to know more facts about pregnancy symptoms follow the link below or comment below your symptoms.
Comments
Post a Comment